League Forums

Main - League Help

How does this go again?

By Tweg84
3/27/2020 10:10 am
Just looking for opinions...I forget how free agency signings go. Am I suppose to throw all cash into bonuses, and if so, what would be a reasonable amount of time? 3 or 4 years? Recently wiped my laptop of all info stored.. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: How does this go again?

By LuckyNumber__
3/27/2020 3:19 pm
Tweg84 wrote:
Just looking for opinions...I forget how free agency signings go. Am I suppose to throw all cash into bonuses, and if so, what would be a reasonable amount of time? 3 or 4 years? Recently wiped my laptop of all info stored.. Any help would be appreciated.

I would say it depends ;). A high bonus means means if you cut im at some point it is expensive for you but your chances are higher to get the player. The same goes for the years. The more years the less the bonus per year is. But you have to consider if the player is young enough to hold him for many years. Some positions got the problem that the rating cracks in their 9th old 10th year. For example WRs or RBs.

Go 9ers ;) (niners fan in real life)

By Tweg84
3/27/2020 9:29 pm
LuckyNumber__ wrote:
Go 9ers ;) (niners fan in real life)

Same! born and raised into the Niner Faithful, 84 to present. This is my first San Fran team, finally.

LuckyNumber__ wrote:
I would say it depends ;). A high bonus means means if you cut im at some point it is expensive for you but your chances are higher to get the player. The same goes for the years. The more years the less the bonus per year is. But you have to consider if the player is young enough to hold him for many years. Some positions got the problem that the rating cracks in their 9th old 10th year. For example WRs or RBs.

Free Agency is definitely not my strongest suit as a GM on MFN. What's worse is that this team is riddled with salary cap issues. There are players who have over 10 years experience that have ridiculous contracts. Four players have retired, and my dead cap has accrued to over 20 million already which is nearly four times the amount from a season ago. I have my work cut out for me for sure but its a San Fran team so why not stick around!? Thank you so much for the reply and the insight!!!

By LuckyNumber__
3/28/2020 5:21 am
Tweg84 wrote:
Same! born and raised into the Niner Faithful, 84 to present. This is my first San Fran team, finally.

Wow ok that's really nice. I can't keep up with this cause I'm from Germany and Football is in a hype here for just a few years. But I'm Fan since 2014 were it wasn't really popular here. But I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I had one 49ers team in a normal league but I don't have time for gameplanning and now I just play roster only leagues and didn't have the luck to get a 49ers team since now. But you deserve it more as such a long time fan ;).

Tweg84 wrote:
Free Agency is definitely not my strongest suit as a GM on MFN. What's worse is that this team is riddled with salary cap issues. There are players who have over 10 years experience that have ridiculous contracts. Four players have retired, and my dead cap has accrued to over 20 million already which is nearly four times the amount from a season ago. I have my work cut out for me for sure but its a San Fran team so why not stick around!? Thank you so much for the reply and the insight!!!

Yeah had that problem too in an another league were the AI made bad contracts. Could be a hard season for you but you could do a rebuild. It takes one or two seasons but it's fun in my opinion. I did 13-3 in the other league after the rebuild but it can be frustrating too ;).

By Pernbronze
3/28/2020 6:56 am
I'm a lifetime 49er fan too. At one time I had some 20 San Francisco teams. Now I'm down to 2 due to health issues.

By Tweg84
3/28/2020 8:19 pm
LuckyNumber__ wrote:
Wow ok that's really nice. I can't keep up with this cause I'm from Germany and Football is in a hype here for just a few years. But I'm Fan since 2014 were it wasn't really popular here. But I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I had one 49ers team in a normal league but I don't have time for gameplanning and now I just play roster only leagues and didn't have the luck to get a 49ers team since now. But you deserve it more as such a long time fan ;).

Everybody deserves to run a version of their favorite team. The San Francisco 49ers are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL! I did stream german football last year, maybe around June or July I think? I enjoyed it, and I would watch it again but I don't really have a favorite team just yet. I hope it catches on in Germany.

By LuckyNumber__
3/29/2020 10:57 am
Wow ok. Never thought that they would stream it. It isn't even shown in television here in Germany. The GFL is more like an amateur league here and I guess they don't stand a chance against the soccer league here. But the NFL is very popular here and now additionally to television where they show 3 or 4 games per weekend they now show redzone on DAZN too.